Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Great Outdoors!!

Today we started out by hitting a local bike trail that took us through some local bushlands - our introduction to the great outdoors which was our theme for the day. The trail started near a local sports ground where the local kids were playing soccer, baseball, and surprisingly for me softball as well. I never knew that was played here. Even more surprisingly a group were playing cricket, however they all looked to be of Indian or Pakistani descent - not a whitey to be seen!

From there we headed out to a wildlife reserve, which had miles of tracks wandering through a ravine area. It was to be in the sun, with a nice breeze, and getting a touch of exercise in the nice fresh air. As you can see nature was showing off some nice colours...


I saw what I thought were hawks or eagles soaring on the air currents, but Don told me they were buzzards - I still don't know if he was pulling my leg or not.

Anyway, after that we headed out to Dana Point for some sea air and a walk around the marina. A lot of pelicans, it reminded me of Redcliffe Peninsular back home. I caught 25 of them in this shot, but Karen tells me there were 35 in the flock.


Jordan - I saw a pirate ship in the marina!!!!!


And for me there were lots of toys to choose from...


That was about a quarter of the marina, so plenty of money still in this part of Southern California.

I was surprised to see how close a lot of the homes were built to the cliff edge behind the marina - I'm thinking there must have been erosion since these were built. Either that or the owners are very optimistic people!!


So once again thanks Don and Karen - another great day outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment