Monday, November 29, 2010

Touring the Mountains!

Well - the mountains turned out to be large hills by my book. Still they were beautiful none the less. Starting out the day we went to the local organic diner and enjoyed a freshly baked yam pie with freshly whipped cream - absolutely delicious!! I'm hoping Janine finds a recipe so she can make the same using sweet potato.

 

We spent the whole day zipping about the mountains, but only covered half the route planned. That certainly didn't diminish the experience though, and for me the highlight was a small hike to the 'Lost Valley'. It sounded like something out of Jurassic Park to me, however we never saw any dinosaurs. These photos depict the sort of scenery we enjoyed...

 

And this last photo - well it is one of Jordans!! He took it, and I think it is a mighty fine photo!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could find a recipe in your spare time and cook it for me :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete